Resources for Xander T. Coolidge


The following page was create to offer convenient links to Resources for the college application of Xander T. Coolidge

1) Article: Visiting Taitung in search of the meaning of my indigenous identity - February 12, 2023 - Article written by Xander Coolidge and published for Indigenous Bridges. I traveled to the small city of Taitung, Taiwan to visit the world-famous indigenous artist, Yosifu, to attend the opening of his art exhibit. I had the opportunity to meet and talk to the man, who is an indigenous mentor to many young people. I also discovered other aspects of indigenous culture offered in Taitung. The trip motivated me to think about how my own indigenous roots (Atayal Tribe of Taiwan), which I inherited through my father, may influence my future.

2) Article: Interview with the Ambassador of the Marshall Islands - November 24, 2023 - Article written by Xander Coolidge and published for Indigenous Bridges. I visited the Embassy Complex in Tienmu District of Taipei City and met with Ambassador Anjanette Kattil of the Marshall Islands. I joined a meeting discussing her nation's cooperation with a program know as the Indigenous Bridges Youth Ambassador Program (IBYAP). After the meeting, during lunch, the Ambassador graciously game me time to answer my interview questions, so I could write an article. The Marshall Islands, along with other tiny Pacific Nations are facing an existential threat from global warming and climate change. Thus, they are on the front lines on the effort to reduce global carbon emissions. Perhaps, as a mechanical engineer, I may be able to play a supporting role in this battle for global survival.

2) Competitive Soft Tennis - Photo Gallery - From elementary school to 9th grade, I played soft tennis competitively in Taiwan. Annually, our tennis teams won tournaments on a district, national, and international level.

3) National Tainan Boys First Senior High School - Wikipedia - This high school for the academically gifted selects the top 3% of students from all junior high schools of Tainan City, which has a population of over one million people. I was accepted into this school, as well as my brothers. The environment of high pressure and access to wide-ranging resources prepared me for research and study in the engineering field. According to the transcript, my GPA was a little over 3.0. 

Cultural Note: If I had gone to a normal high school in Taiwan, maintaining a 4.0 wouldn't have been a problem, but this high school teacher at a much higher level for college prep, so a 3.0 at this school will get students into any University in Taiwan.

Click for Certificate of Enrollment for National Tainan Boys First Senior High

Click for Transcript from National Tainan Boys First Senior High

4) My SAT Score - Report - The first time I took the SAT exam was in August 2023 in Taipei City, Taiwan.

Xander meets with Ambassador Anjanette Kattil of the Republic of the Marshall Islands.


The inseparable Coolidge Brothers (L to R): Xander, Jaden, and Johan


Comments